Jul 14, 2014

CASE Study Challenge #199

Hey there peeps! I have been battling a fever all weekend and when today came I was determined not to let it get in the way! Because of course, my mojo has been struggling for the last little bit and there is no better way to get it going again than with a challenge. So I joined in CASE Study just in time.

This weeks muse is Shari Carroll. And as you know, she is amazing. She has all the knowledge, the techniques and the talent! She really got me working. Thank you Shari! 

Here is the inspiration:



Here is my card. I did keep it simple because I had limited brain power but I did feel pretty good about it since it came together fast. I had a little guy at my heels begging for food and a chance to paint. Needless to say I had to get this thing going fast!


This is what I did. I painted some text print with some Kaiser Craft paint and then die cut them into circles. I added some Paper Wings Productions stamps (Sacred Geometry) to the circles. I stamped and fussy cut my sentiment and die cut 2 butterflies one out of painted text print and one out of vellum. I glued the butterflies slightly skewed and added some Basic Grey enamel dots. Before I laid everything down I did a quick water-colour wash in white on my kraft card base. I wanted a little something on the bottom and this worked out well. Nice and simple.

And here is a close up:

Cardstock base is from Simon Says Stamp. Butterfly die cut is Papertrey Ink. What else have I missed?? Oh yes... a thank you! Thank you to you friend for your sweet visit. I have has so many of you stop in and comment and I am behind in hopping around to everyone else. I hope to get some tylenol, some hot water and my computer and hop by to say hello to you! Thanks so much for your visit!


Until next time.
k


3 comments:

Tasnim said...

Beautiful card!! Love the colors on the circles against the kraft background.

Unknown said...

I love the colors and kraft cardstock looks so great here. Thank you for being with CAS(E) Study this week.

~amy~ said...

absolutely lovely!
Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.