Jul 10, 2014

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Let's Be Clear

Hey all! I'm baaaaack! So our summer is now officially, officially over. I tried to squeeze every last bit out of it, even into the first week of school. But now, there are no last hurrahs left. SO, I'm back to crafting and need to get my groove going again. So I thought I would try it with this weeks Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! 

This week is all about using something clear on your card. I chose to use some acetate and some clear pop up dots and some clear ink (i.e. versa mark) for some embossing. 

Here's what I did:


I have this new Paris set Paper Wings Productions thats a lot of fun to work with. I keep making these Eiffel Tower cards... I can't stop! I stamped the image in Ranger Archival ink and trimmed around the image. I have this new Kool Tak double sided foam adhesive which is clear. I'm so glad I have it! I finally get to do things like this without worrying about how to hide the adhesive. It's so nice.

Now bear with me, this card was a bugger to photograph. I promise its much prettier in real life! I stamped my MFT Jumbo Mod Border stamp repeatedly on my card base and embossed it with some Liquid Platinum Embossing Powder. This stuff is all its cracked up to be and more. It has such a cool (as in awesome) warm finish that you just want to stare at it. all. day.  I highly highly recommend it. (using it, not staring at it.. unless you want to of course ; )


I stamped my Waltzing Mouse sentiment three times along the side and then added some Doodle Bug sugar dots in varying sizes. (smallest to largest)

And here is the close up:
Ok. Thats all for me today. Oy! These pictures!... Anyway, I hope to get in some more by the weeks end. And its almost friday here so I better get cracking! Thanks for stopping in today. Hope you are all doing well!

loves,
k




5 comments:

cat on the window said...

Brilliant ... Lovely card ..

Miriam Prantner said...

So elegant! Love the embossed background!

Teresa Kline said...

hi kristie! WOW, totally gorgeous, I can see the shimmer and shine....luv! So glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

lindalou said...

Very cool. I love the little Eiffel Tower.

Hope all is well.

Dana Tatar said...

Awesome card! I love the Eiffel Tower! Thanks for the inspiration! :)


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.