Jul 19, 2014

Tag...You're It Challenge #2

Happy weekend to you! Today I wanted to squeeze in a little something and this new Tag You're.. It! Challenge blog was just the thing. Tags are great. Fast to whip up and so satisfying too. Here is this weeks challenge. Tag by Guest Designer Laura Bassen (the great!):



I love Laura and her "smoosh" technique. I used the same technique and colour combo for my tag. I started with clear embossing on my Tim Holtz specialty paper. that had been die cut with a Paper Smooches die cut.  I then rubbed three distress ink colours on my craft sheet and spritzed with water. 


I smooched my tag into the ink and heat set it. I did this a few time though to get the colour where I wanted it.

Then I just had to make up my tag! I used these great die cuts from Little B. I die cut my sentient from vellum and white card stock and shifted the vellum underneath just slightly to add a bit of a shadow to my sentiment.

 I added a staple to the sentiment tags and a little embroidery floss bow to the upper corner. And voila! Done!

Thanks for stopping by!
k


12 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your SMOOSHING!!! Turned out awesome!!

donna mikasa said...

I agree with Laura--your smooshing turned out great! Thanks for joining us at Tag You're It!

Nora Noll said...

This is totally adorable!! I LOVE the way you did the background on this. I am going to have to try that!! I also love the fun little banners that you stapled. So cute!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! awesome!!

Leigh Penner said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! Fabulous take on Laura's tag!

~amy~ said...

Love the smooshing...looks great!

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous! Love the smooshing this looks fantastic...I have been eyeing those Little B dies!

Tracey McNeely said...

The smooshing is fantatsic Kristie!! Your tag is gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Tag You're It!

Unknown said...

WOW this is awesome :-D

Jackie Rockwell said...

Agreed, your smooshing looks fantastic! Love the way you stapled the word banners too!!! Thank you for playing along with us at the Tag You're It! Challenge!

Marybeth said...

Beautiful results with your smooching! Wonderful tag Kristie! Thanks for joining us at Tag You’re It!

Marion said...

Very cool indeed! Thanks for linking it up to the TYI challenge.


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.