Aug 13, 2014

PTI Make It Monday #176


Hey all! Just stopping in to share a quick card. I got a chance to participate in the Make It Monday challenge over at Papertrey Ink this week. You can check out the challenge HERE. They are in the middle of a release and things are looking purdy good over there. Oh, my poor bank account!

Ok, this weeks challenge is hosted by Laura Bassen and is all about embossing paste backgrounds.

Meet the card:

I made a stencil using a PTI background die cut and shaded my embossing paste with three different shades of yellow and orange.


The thing about embossing paste is you can't stamp a sentiment on it, but also you hate to cover up the background with an actual panel of card stock, so enter in: Vellum!!

I have been in love with vellum lately. Maybe you have noticed? It looks so great especially when heat embossed. Its versatile and lovely! I stamped my sentiment and bee and then heat embossed it. Colored in the wings with some yellow Copics and Wink of Stella and then added a button. On the sides I added some score lines for a little interest but in this photo, you really can't see it! So oh, well.

That's all for today. I'll see you later this week with more fun things to share.
Thanks for stopping by!
xoxo
k






2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! This turned out fabuloso!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

So pretty! The shading is gorgeous!!!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.